Before getting to how the setup process works, let’s first take a look at some useful points about the Netgear extender setup.
What is a WiFi Extender?
Also popular as a wireless repeater or booster, it is a device that picks up the WiFi network transmitted by a router and rebroadcasts it to different rooms and areas of a house. In this way, you can access the web by sitting in any room you want.
How do Netgear wireless repeaters?
Netgear offers highly-developed models of repeaters. You can connect any WiFi-enabled smart gadget or device with the extender. They come with single and dual-band support. You will need to choose which model suits your WiFi needs. The best of all is that you can perform new Netgear WiFi extender setup very easily. To know about the installation process, read on!
Netgear repeaters are not only good for enhancing the signal strength inside your house; they are also very powerful in rebroadcasting the network to the area such as your garage and courtyard. If you have a basement or attic, you can enjoy a stable WiFi network there, as well.
Besides, you can use these devices as an access point. Instead of retransmitting the signals picked up from the router, your repeater will transmit it itself like an access point. All you need to do is power the repeater on and press the Access Point Mode button on it.
How to set up your Netgear wireless extender manually?
You can install your Netgear wireless extender by either manually or WPS method. For manual setup, you need to use mywifiext net on your internet browser. Here’s how you can do this:
- Plug your device into a power socket. Turn it by pressing the power button. When the solid green light blinks, it’s turned on
- Connect it with both the router and computer
- Open a web browser in your computer and access net
- Click on New Extender Setup
- Log into your repeater by using the default login credentials
- Select the WiFi network that you want to enhance
- Click Next
- Select the default SSID and password or change it according to your preferences
- Click Continue
Once the WiFi network is established, close the web browser and click on your repeater’s network name on your computer’s WiFi list. Enter the new password and you will be connected to the internet. Now, connect all your preferred smart devices with this network and access the web on them by going to any room you want.
In case you need help from specialist technicians during the process, you can visit https://mywifiext-net.support at any time.
How to use the WPS mode to set up your Netgear wireless extender?
You can use the WPS push method for a secure and fast WiFi connection. Here’s how you can do it:
- Place the extender and router in the same room
- Turn the devices on
- Connect the extender with a PC and open a web browser
- Visit mywifiext.net
- Log in to the device
- Click the button New Extender Setup
- Choose your access point and hit Continue
- Follow the guide as displayed on the screen
It will connect your repeater with the internet network wirelessly and you can use multiple devices all at the same time.